One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘cissexual women’another term for cisgender‘a heteronormative and cissexual society’
- ‘Cisgender and cissexual are a closely related class of gender identities where an individual's gender identity matches the behavior or role considered appropriate for one's sex.’
- ‘"Cisgender" and "cissexual" are not slurs.’
- ‘She has a strong opinion about the treatment of transgender and transsexual people by society, but she isn't the one whom invented the transsexual opposing cissexual discourse.’
- ‘We should always be learning the stories of our sisters who don't identify as black, white, heterosexual, cissexual, or without disabilities.’
- ‘Too many feminist writers begin with the disclaimer that they cannot possibly say anything about women who are not white, or straight, or rich, or cissexual, or mothers.’
- ‘Alternative and independent comics have long been a space for writers and artists to depict diverse characters who do not fit into the narrow mold of the straight, white, cissexual, neurotypical, and able-bodied male hero.’
- ‘What you are demonstrating in your blog is cissexism: rating transsexual/transgender gender identity as inferior to your own - also acquired - cissexual identity.’
- ‘The cycle will only be broken when cissexual feminists take responsibility for cissexism and hold themselves and their colleagues accountable.’
- ‘Except for Lucy's autobiography, all the primary source materials I found are influenced by a dominant, cissexual perspective of people.’
Early 21st century: from cis- + sexual.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.