One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against transgender people.‘many trans people have come up with language to describe the cissexist world they see around them’
- ‘Not exactly helping yourself with such a cissexist username.’
- ‘The next time you overhear someone saying transphobic or cissexist remarks, don't let it slide.’
- ‘His administration realized that cissexist hiring practices were the norm.’
- ‘Thanks for correcting the cissexist language in the first published draft of the article.’
- ‘I would think with what you've gone through you might have a better understanding of the issues trans people face, but honestly I think you're being a bit cissexist yourself.’
- ‘All this emphasis on trans women's pre-transition socialisation fails to understand some of the nuances of growing up trans in a cissexist supremacy.’
- ‘Moving past this sexist and cissexist (anti transgender discrimination) notion took a combination of support from other girl riders and analyzing where those thoughts came from.’
- ‘I also often find myself apologizing when I call my friends and loved ones out on transphobic/cissexist language, when I shouldn't have to feel sorry for it.’
Early 21st century: from cis- + sexist.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.