Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Revolve or turn like a wheel.
- ‘All of the handwriting data can be blown up, reduced and circumrotated.’
- ‘Shanghai Circus World is a multi-functional venue containing 1683 seats and advanced equipment, including a circumrotating stage.’
- ‘The clock can circumrotate 360 degrees and the LCD time display will never upend.’
- ‘Each roller is only capable of circumrotating about the rod upon which the roller is mounted.’
- ‘When the motor is dragged by peripheral leads, its head circumrotates, with the base vibrating rhythmically.’
- ‘When the new mechanical stretcher is circumrotated with certain speed, cardiac myocytes attached on the plate are stretched and elongated by centrifugal force.’
- ‘The number of teeth of the planet gear train are arranged to make each planet gear circumrotate twice.’
- ‘A Kreisel is a circular tank with a circumrotating current that prevents the animals from becoming trapped against obstructions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.