Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Revolve or turn like a wheel.
- ‘The clock can circumrotate 360 degrees and the LCD time display will never upend.’
- ‘The number of teeth of the planet gear train are arranged to make each planet gear circumrotate twice.’
- ‘All of the handwriting data can be blown up, reduced and circumrotated.’
- ‘When the motor is dragged by peripheral leads, its head circumrotates, with the base vibrating rhythmically.’
- ‘Shanghai Circus World is a multi-functional venue containing 1683 seats and advanced equipment, including a circumrotating stage.’
- ‘Each roller is only capable of circumrotating about the rod upon which the roller is mounted.’
- ‘A Kreisel is a circular tank with a circumrotating current that prevents the animals from becoming trapped against obstructions.’
- ‘When the new mechanical stretcher is circumrotated with certain speed, cardiac myocytes attached on the plate are stretched and elongated by centrifugal force.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.