Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Moving or situated around the moon.‘a circumlunar flight’
- ‘These will include the basic vehicle, along with a plan to develop it into something capable of a circumlunar flight.’
- ‘Kennedy approved more money for Saturn, but not for Apollo, which was then planned to eventually conduct circumlunar flights, not a Moon landing.’
- ‘We think they're searching exotic circumlunar orbits at the moment.’
- ‘A Soyuz, with a logistics module attached, rounds the Moon on a circumlunar mission.’
- ‘Reports that the country intends to land a human on the Moon, or even send humans on a circumlunar mission, are easily dismissed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.