One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Moving or situated around the moon.‘a circumlunar flight’
- ‘A Soyuz, with a logistics module attached, rounds the Moon on a circumlunar mission.’
- ‘Kennedy approved more money for Saturn, but not for Apollo, which was then planned to eventually conduct circumlunar flights, not a Moon landing.’
- ‘We think they're searching exotic circumlunar orbits at the moment.’
- ‘These will include the basic vehicle, along with a plan to develop it into something capable of a circumlunar flight.’
- ‘Reports that the country intends to land a human on the Moon, or even send humans on a circumlunar mission, are easily dismissed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.