Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Moving or situated around the moon.‘a circumlunar flight’
- ‘Kennedy approved more money for Saturn, but not for Apollo, which was then planned to eventually conduct circumlunar flights, not a Moon landing.’
- ‘We think they're searching exotic circumlunar orbits at the moment.’
- ‘These will include the basic vehicle, along with a plan to develop it into something capable of a circumlunar flight.’
- ‘Reports that the country intends to land a human on the Moon, or even send humans on a circumlunar mission, are easily dismissed.’
- ‘A Soyuz, with a logistics module attached, rounds the Moon on a circumlunar mission.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.