One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the circulation of blood or sap.
- ‘Nitric oxide has a beneficial effect on circulatory status and increases blood supply to the wound.’
- ‘Her father is in hospital with ongoing circulatory problems.’
- ‘The theory is that magnet therapy may be beneficial by affecting circulatory health and blood flow in the body.’
- ‘It is a powerful irritant which, if inhaled, can cause severe circulatory and respiratory failure.’
- ‘Excesses of salt in the diet can push up blood pressure, something that generally increases the risk of circulatory conditions such as heart disease and stroke.’
- ‘According to the British Heart Foundation, heart and circulatory disease are Britain's biggest killers despite significant advances in treatment.’
- ‘The nettle is great for enriching and purifying the blood to help with circulatory disorders.’
- ‘In response to cold or stress, the fingers of patients with Raynaud's syndrome undergo characteristic circulatory changes.’
- ‘In their circulatory, excretory, and endocrine functions, vertebrates differ markedly from other animals.’
- ‘Heart and circulatory disease is responsible for more than 12,000 deaths a year in Scotland.’
- ‘These signs may precede circulatory collapse and death.’
- ‘A circulatory problem causes him to stop for a rest every now and then, but he is in good health.’
- ‘Treatment of acutely poisoned patients requires the maintenance of respiratory and circulatory functions, and elimination of the poison from the body.’
- ‘Women in the two groups were more likely to have been admitted to a hospital for circulatory diseases, especially hypertension.’
- ‘Eventually his cholesterol will be really out of control and he'll be a prime candidate for a heart attack or circulatory problems.’
- ‘This herb boosts memory and alleviates circulatory problems.’
- ‘Exercise not only strengthened muscles and improved general stamina, but also gave a thorough workout to the circulatory and respiratory systems.’
- ‘Exposure to hydrochloric acid can cause circulatory collapse which may lead to death.’
- ‘You've got a circulatory problem in your femoral arteries.’
- ‘Both were developed for serious circulatory problems, but their side effects became more significant than the original purpose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.