One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A power saw with a rapidly rotating toothed disk.
- ‘Generally, use a handsaw or a circular saw to cut straight lines, a coping saw or a portable jigsaw to cut irregular lines.’
- ‘Cut along the line with your circular saw at its maximum depth, then rotate the timber one time to expose the adjacent face.’
- ‘The door is made with simple but strong half-lap joints, using just a few basic hand tools and a circular saw.’
- ‘He is now suffering from hearing loss and believes that working alongside loud circular saws with no ear protection is responsible.’
- ‘Most cuts can be made with a circular saw, handsaw, or saber saw, but the angled back support would be more easily cut with a table saw.’
- ‘The casualty toll is enough to make you wince: there were 2,506 accidents involving electric drills, 1,920 involving circular saws and 622 involving chainsaws last year.’
- ‘If you do a lot of plywood cutting with a circular saw you might also invest in a commercial straightedge.’
- ‘Using a table saw or circular saw, cut the board to length.’
- ‘The cement board is cut to fit the plywood, using a circular saw equipped with the appropriate blade.’
- ‘A portable circular saw is the tool to use when you need to shorten a door to fit an existing opening or to accommodate a new layer of thick carpeting.’
- ‘A circular saw is the most basic of woodworking tools.’
- ‘The project requires only straight cuts made with a circular saw, takes about three days to complete, and costs about $500.’
- ‘Also, be sure you wear eye and ear protection when cutting it with a chop saw or circular saw.’
- ‘It could potentially boost the safety of all power saws, including band saws and circular saws.’
- ‘Here's a fast, foolproof way to make perfectly square, 90-degree crosscuts with a circular saw.’
- ‘Clamp a straightedge to the door to guide a circular saw along your cut line.’
- ‘Use a circular saw with a composition metal-cutting blade to cut them to size.’
- ‘Do not use a circular saw to make this unsupported cut.’
- ‘Though you can use hand tools to cut through a roof, a circular saw or a reciprocating saw is easier and faster.’
- ‘Make your pencil lines and cut on the back of the panel to avoid splintering the veneer with your circular saw.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.