Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A power saw with a rapidly rotating toothed disk.→ buzz saw
- ‘He is now suffering from hearing loss and believes that working alongside loud circular saws with no ear protection is responsible.’
- ‘Do not use a circular saw to make this unsupported cut.’
- ‘It could potentially boost the safety of all power saws, including band saws and circular saws.’
- ‘Here's a fast, foolproof way to make perfectly square, 90-degree crosscuts with a circular saw.’
- ‘Using a table saw or circular saw, cut the board to length.’
- ‘Also, be sure you wear eye and ear protection when cutting it with a chop saw or circular saw.’
- ‘Generally, use a handsaw or a circular saw to cut straight lines, a coping saw or a portable jigsaw to cut irregular lines.’
- ‘Though you can use hand tools to cut through a roof, a circular saw or a reciprocating saw is easier and faster.’
- ‘Clamp a straightedge to the door to guide a circular saw along your cut line.’
- ‘The casualty toll is enough to make you wince: there were 2,506 accidents involving electric drills, 1,920 involving circular saws and 622 involving chainsaws last year.’
- ‘Use a circular saw with a composition metal-cutting blade to cut them to size.’
- ‘If you do a lot of plywood cutting with a circular saw you might also invest in a commercial straightedge.’
- ‘Cut along the line with your circular saw at its maximum depth, then rotate the timber one time to expose the adjacent face.’
- ‘A circular saw is the most basic of woodworking tools.’
- ‘The cement board is cut to fit the plywood, using a circular saw equipped with the appropriate blade.’
- ‘Make your pencil lines and cut on the back of the panel to avoid splintering the veneer with your circular saw.’
- ‘The project requires only straight cuts made with a circular saw, takes about three days to complete, and costs about $500.’
- ‘A portable circular saw is the tool to use when you need to shorten a door to fit an existing opening or to accommodate a new layer of thick carpeting.’
- ‘The door is made with simple but strong half-lap joints, using just a few basic hand tools and a circular saw.’
- ‘Most cuts can be made with a circular saw, handsaw, or saber saw, but the angled back support would be more easily cut with a table saw.’
circular saw/ˈsərkyələr sô/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.