One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Polarization of an electromagnetic wave in which either the electric or the magnetic vector executes a circle perpendicular to the path of propagation with a frequency equal to that of the wave. It is frequently used in satellite communications.
- ‘Light is an electromagnetic wave that can carry angular momentum by way of circular polarization.’
- ‘Although it is relatively uncommon in nature, circular polarization may have biological significance.’
- ‘Photons have two spin states, which correspond to the two types of circular polarization for a light beam.’
- ‘Most displays today use linear polarization, even though it's not as efficient as circular polarization.’
- ‘Special techniques must be used for dual linear or circular polarization.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.