One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique of inhaling through the nose while blowing air through the lips from the cheeks, used to maintain constant exhalation especially by players of certain wind instruments.
- ‘He uses his trademark circular breathing method to produce sustained passages of fluent playing.’
- ‘He uses extended techniques for the saxophone, such as multiphonics, slaptongue and circular breathing.’
- ‘He displays an impressive circular breathing technique on bass clarinet.’
- ‘Notable live highlights were show-stopping performances from the likes of Courtney Pine, who amazed with his virtuoso display of circular breathing.’
- ‘He was a master of the circular breathing technique and he could play flute with his nose.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.