Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique of inhaling through the nose while blowing air through the lips from the cheeks, used to maintain constant exhalation especially by players of certain wind instruments.
- ‘He uses his trademark circular breathing method to produce sustained passages of fluent playing.’
- ‘He was a master of the circular breathing technique and he could play flute with his nose.’
- ‘He displays an impressive circular breathing technique on bass clarinet.’
- ‘Notable live highlights were show-stopping performances from the likes of Courtney Pine, who amazed with his virtuoso display of circular breathing.’
- ‘He uses extended techniques for the saxophone, such as multiphonics, slaptongue and circular breathing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.