One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Depending upon the exact location of his lodgings and the circuitousness of his route, Mr. Lorry's walk may have been slightly longer or slightly shorter.’
- ‘However, the circuitousness of the walk did afford us a view of the old lock system.’
- ‘I was always amazed by the length and circuitousness of the corridors in the building.’
- ‘There is a circuitousness about the book that reflects the circuitousness of its topic.’
- ‘One day I brought up my discomfort with the restrictions and circuitousness of Japanese language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.