One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American black bear of a variety with reddish-brown hair.
- ‘The sight of a huge cinnamon bear nosing among the cans and bottles rewarded his effort.’
- ‘The most striking difference between a cinnamon bear and any other black bear is the cinnamon bear's brown or red-brown fur.’
- ‘The cinnamon bear was stretched across the rack of the state vehicle.’
- ‘That boy put up a fight like a welter-weight cinnamon bear.’
- ‘Black is the most often encountered color, but brown or cinnamon bears are often seen in southcentral Alaska and the southeastern mainland.’
cinnamon bear/ˈsinəmən be(ə)r/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.