One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for black vulture (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘The cinereous vulture soars all day on warm air currents in search of food, primarily animal carcasses.’
- ‘The Milwaukee County Zoo has captive cinereous vultures and is interested in their in situ conservation.’
- ‘Smaller birds defer to cinereous vultures when they arrive at a carcass - the big birds get first pickings.’
- ‘A young cinereous vulture tagged in Mongolia by scientists makes its appearance in South Korea.’
- ‘The cinereous vulture breeds mostly in high mountains and large forests, in loose colonies or solitarily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.