One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is fond of motion pictures.
- ‘We might also regard the cinephile who seeks to view or ‘collect’ the maximum number of films possible as a variant of the film historian.’
- ‘It is not an exaggeration to say that for several generations of film-makers and cinephiles, Bergman practically defined cinema.’
- ‘These works were a crucial part of many cinephiles ' introduction to the art of film.’
- ‘He's already become a formidable, almost mythical figure to many hardcore cinephiles and critics, the kind of filmmaker who gets described in magical, visionary terms.’
- ‘I have always intuitively felt that, as it is for so many cinephiles, my relationship to film has deeply affected the way I see and know the world.’
- ‘Growing up in the slums of Hong Kong, he became an avid cinephile, particularly interested in European, American and Japanese cinema.’
- ‘I look forward to this film eagerly, as do most cinephiles.’
- ‘He repeatedly heard the complaint from cinephiles that there are no serious, adult dramas on studio schedules.’
- ‘It's not unusual for a movie to incite a buzz among cinephiles.’
- ‘We had just come from one of our lunches, meetings filled with the argumentative yet respectful conversation of committed cinephiles.’
- ‘Critics who are truly cinephiles, I believe, often champion extremes.’
- ‘This article has simply attempted to encourage cinephiles to seek out these beautiful films.’
- ‘In the mind of the cinephile, three packed screens of Argentinean ennui at the local multiplex would be paradise.’
- ‘With the end of the summer blockbuster season, it's once again safe for thinking cinephiles to begin making their way back into the theaters.’
- ‘She wanted to see Mullholand Drive, as did I, but the start time was too late for we aging cinephiles.’
- ‘I commend Zizek for being one of the great cinephiles among the upper echelon of today's intelligentsia.’
- ‘For cinephiles and would-be film-makers, Coppola's directorial debut makes for an excellent reference point and source of ideas.’
- ‘The film is narrated through the eyes of the young cinephile, Toto, and Toto's world is the world of film.’
- ‘For many cinephiles, the picture is a frustratingly ignored gem.’
- ‘Each piece discussed the ways in which we read images and documentaries, from our perspective as cinephiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.