One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is fond of motion pictures.
- ‘He repeatedly heard the complaint from cinephiles that there are no serious, adult dramas on studio schedules.’
- ‘I have always intuitively felt that, as it is for so many cinephiles, my relationship to film has deeply affected the way I see and know the world.’
- ‘Growing up in the slums of Hong Kong, he became an avid cinephile, particularly interested in European, American and Japanese cinema.’
- ‘This article has simply attempted to encourage cinephiles to seek out these beautiful films.’
- ‘The film is narrated through the eyes of the young cinephile, Toto, and Toto's world is the world of film.’
- ‘For cinephiles and would-be film-makers, Coppola's directorial debut makes for an excellent reference point and source of ideas.’
- ‘Each piece discussed the ways in which we read images and documentaries, from our perspective as cinephiles.’
- ‘We had just come from one of our lunches, meetings filled with the argumentative yet respectful conversation of committed cinephiles.’
- ‘Critics who are truly cinephiles, I believe, often champion extremes.’
- ‘I commend Zizek for being one of the great cinephiles among the upper echelon of today's intelligentsia.’
- ‘He's already become a formidable, almost mythical figure to many hardcore cinephiles and critics, the kind of filmmaker who gets described in magical, visionary terms.’
- ‘It is not an exaggeration to say that for several generations of film-makers and cinephiles, Bergman practically defined cinema.’
- ‘She wanted to see Mullholand Drive, as did I, but the start time was too late for we aging cinephiles.’
- ‘With the end of the summer blockbuster season, it's once again safe for thinking cinephiles to begin making their way back into the theaters.’
- ‘These works were a crucial part of many cinephiles ' introduction to the art of film.’
- ‘I look forward to this film eagerly, as do most cinephiles.’
- ‘For many cinephiles, the picture is a frustratingly ignored gem.’
- ‘We might also regard the cinephile who seeks to view or ‘collect’ the maximum number of films possible as a variant of the film historian.’
- ‘In the mind of the cinephile, three packed screens of Argentinean ennui at the local multiplex would be paradise.’
- ‘It's not unusual for a movie to incite a buzz among cinephiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.