One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vinegar made from fermented cider.
- ‘I parboiled new potatoes and tossed them with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary from the garden.’
- ‘For your toner, dissolve 10 drops of lavender essential oil in 10 ml of cider vinegar and mix this with 140 ml of distilled water.’
- ‘Apple cider vinegar is thought to help digestion, bind cholesterol, and balance your body's pH level, all of which help normalize metabolism and thus can spur weight loss.’
- ‘Amber comes over as I'm mixing the filling, this time using tapioca and cider vinegar.’
- ‘I use apple cider vinegar, because that happens to be what I have handy.’
- ‘Apple cider vinegar provides a more rounded flavor and a few cloves of garlic boost the taste.’
- ‘I mix a couple ounces of water, an ounce of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of sugar until the sugar dissolves.’
- ‘My wife opted for fresh soup of the day, while I asked for roasted red peppers and smoked salmon roulade, with creme fraiche, crispy leeks and cider vinegar dressing.’
- ‘So I climbed the steps to my place, walked in, threw my keys on the counter and pulled the apple cider vinegar out of the cabinet.’
- ‘Another gem is the Barbecue Chicken, marinated in cider vinegar for fall-off-the-bone tenderness.’
- ‘Apple cider vinegar is another good choice because it softens skin, restores the natural, protective acidity of skin and relieves itchiness.’
- ‘Proponents of apple cider vinegar say it's a natural substance with various health benefits, from healing burns to restoring energy to fighting premature aging.’
- ‘Once the milk reaches the desired temperature, stir in the cider vinegar.’
- ‘After shampooing, I rinse my hair with a mixture of 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 1 cup warm water followed by another rinse with cold water.’
- ‘Use white distilled vinegar, since apple cider vinegar can leave stains.’
- ‘Select a good quality apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar.’
- ‘When the chicken comes out, you add cider vinegar, honey and the figs.’
- ‘Next add a generous slosh of cider vinegar, an even more generous slosh of olive oil, two or three shakes of Worcester Sauce, a lot of freshly ground black pepper and a little sea salt.’
- ‘To relieve the irritation of an insect bite itch, apply neat apple cider vinegar to the itchy spot, or add 500 ml of apple cider vinegar to a warm bath and soak in it.’
- ‘Wash produce in cider vinegar to remove pesticides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.