One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the former British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill or his policies.‘a Churchillian figure in time of war’
- ‘His fear explains why he made the difficult decision to go to war with Churchillian conviction.’
- ‘They must have contained many invaluable memorabilia of the Churchillian age.’
- ‘The PM's Churchillian rhetoric was well suited to the horror of the events.’
- ‘To reach those goals takes years of effort and perseverance - Churchillian blood, sweat, and tears.’
- ‘My reasons are Churchillian: all the alternatives seem so much worse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.