One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Until there is more transparency in church finances, it appears that a significant number of churchgoing Catholics will be withholding financial support from the church.’
- ‘Finland is about 98 percent Lutheran but only about 2 percent churchgoing, so Lutheran notions of sin and grace are long forgotten by most Finns.’
- ‘Later, I learned that this student, a churchgoing Presbyterian, was under some pressure from other students to leave his church and ‘become a Christian.’’
- ‘The increase is reflected across the ethnic minority Christian communities, although it is not yet large enough to offset the continuing decline in churchgoing overall.’
- ‘Perhaps surprisingly, urban Protestant churchgoing started to decline as Sunday school attendance was growing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.