One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Christian Science Church.
- ‘Maybeck completed the First Church of Christ, Scientist in 1910 in Berkeley, California.’
- ‘Amidst all this, members of The First Church of Christ, Scientist are expecting to positively affect conditions through their annual thanksgiving service tomorrow.’
- ‘The congregation has been dwindling - he says 20 attendees was a good showing back when he attended - and they are joining forces with the Second Church of Christ, Scientist down on 68th Street.’
- ‘He had no patience with pretentious religious figures, among whom a major target was Mary Baker Eddy, founder of the Church of Christ, Scientist - an oxymoron if ever there was one.’
- ‘Joined by a handful of followers, Eddy founded the first Church of Christ, Scientist, in Lynn, Massachusetts, in 1879.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.