One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The minimum amount of time needed to stimulate a muscle or nerve fiber, using an electric current twice the strength required to elicit a threshold response.
- ‘The repeated detection of stimulus threshold values and the chronaxie contributes to adapting the pulse delivery and thus the energy delivery to the changing needs of the patient.’
- ‘Ganglion cells would be expected to have a chronaxie of less than 1 millisecond like other central nervous system neurons, whereas non-spiking deeper cells have longer chronaxies.’
- ‘There were no regular changes revealed in the rheobase of the muscle chronaxie and chronaxie of the defensive reflex after the introduction of Br/sup 82/.’
- ‘The following diagram will assist you in calculating rheobase and chronaxie for your nerve.’
- ‘The chronaxies of the directly stimulated elements mediating the delay ranged from 0.13 to 0.24 ms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.