Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The minimum amount of time needed to stimulate a muscle or nerve fiber, using an electric current twice the strength required to elicit a threshold response.
- ‘The chronaxies of the directly stimulated elements mediating the delay ranged from 0.13 to 0.24 ms.’
- ‘There were no regular changes revealed in the rheobase of the muscle chronaxie and chronaxie of the defensive reflex after the introduction of Br/sup 82/.’
- ‘Ganglion cells would be expected to have a chronaxie of less than 1 millisecond like other central nervous system neurons, whereas non-spiking deeper cells have longer chronaxies.’
- ‘The following diagram will assist you in calculating rheobase and chronaxie for your nerve.’
- ‘The repeated detection of stimulus threshold values and the chronaxie contributes to adapting the pulse delivery and thus the energy delivery to the changing needs of the patient.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.