Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another term for color therapy.See also color therapy
- ‘Color therapy, which is also called chromotherapy or colorology, is an alternative treatment that involves therapeutic uses of color.’
- ‘Today, as the public demands alternatives in health care, a resurgence of natural alternatives is bringing chromotherapy once again into the forefront.’
- ‘Hydrotherapy, chromotherapy, mud baths and massage are also utilized to assist the body in the healing process.’
- ‘With it's roots in an ancient Indian medicine called Ayurveda, chromotherapy is based on the theory that certain colours are infused with healing energies.’
- ‘Instead of traditional medical techniques, Spiritists use such practices as past-lives therapy, dispossession and exorcism therapies, acupuncture, chromotherapy, yoga therapy, and homeopathy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.