One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagram showing the relative positions of genes along the length of a chromosome.
- ‘Thirty segments distributed between 23 and 29 min on the chromosome map have been submitted to an inversion test.’
- ‘A comparison between the phylogenetic tree and the chromosome map shows that genes that are phylogenetically closer are also physically closer on chromosomes.’
- ‘A chromosome map in which each position is linked to its n-plication degree (duplication, triplication, etc.) was established.’
- ‘We divided the chromosome map into four marker intervals using the most informative loci separated by 10-to 15-cM intervals, which is the intermarker distance optimal for detecting interference.’
- ‘Using these deletions, the mutations were mapped to seven intervals along the polytene chromosome map.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.