One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which can be readily converted into a dye or other colored compound.
- ‘Immunohistochemistry was performed on an automated immunostainer using the antibodies listed in Table 2 with diaminobenzidine as the chromogen.’
- ‘After incubation, the color was developed with the peroxidase substrate (hydrogen peroxide) and the stable chromogen (diaminobenzidine).’
- ‘The second step was a normalization of the staining intensity range to adjust for batch specific background and maximal staining intensity by the chromogen.’
- ‘They can be detected by an attack on deoxyribose which originates fragments which, when heated with thiobarbituric acid at low pH, will generate a pink chromogen.’
- ‘The latter enzyme reacts with a chromogen to produce the final color.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.