Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of chromium with a higher valence, usually three.Compare with chromous
- ‘Chromium additions impart improved resistance to oxidizing media such as nitric and chromic acids.’
- ‘In another technique, the scientists give the cows gel capsules of chromic oxide, a harmless substance that passes undigested through the animals.’
- ‘The premix was added to the mixed diet so that 0.6% of the diet was premix and the diet contained 0.055% chromic oxide.’
- ‘Colored products use iron oxides, chromic oxide, and various organic pigments.’
- ‘Digestibility was estimated using chromic oxide as an external marker.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.