One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of chromium with a higher valence, usually three.Compare with chromous
- ‘Chromium additions impart improved resistance to oxidizing media such as nitric and chromic acids.’
- ‘Colored products use iron oxides, chromic oxide, and various organic pigments.’
- ‘The premix was added to the mixed diet so that 0.6% of the diet was premix and the diet contained 0.055% chromic oxide.’
- ‘In another technique, the scientists give the cows gel capsules of chromic oxide, a harmless substance that passes undigested through the animals.’
- ‘Digestibility was estimated using chromic oxide as an external marker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.