One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leather tanned with chromium salts.
- ‘The chrome leather soles (the ‘fuzzy bottoms’) just are not waterproof, and are designed for indoor use only.’
- ‘Ask for the really thick chrome leather, and not the very thin suede that is on ballroom dance shoes.’
- ‘Vegetable tanned mahogany leather combines with brown chrome leather and brindle cowhide in this collection.’
- ‘In the case of chrome leather, it can be degraded with ease, because the tanning agent is completely bound to the collagen by the action of tanning.’
- ‘Scraps of chrome leather can be fully used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.