One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong steel alloy made principally of chromium and molybdenum.‘the bicycle is made lighter and stronger with chrome-moly tubing’
- ‘Machining operations on all but the softest chrome-moly steels are typically limited to turning and milling.’
- ‘A car owner must also choose between the two types of metal used for roll bar or cage construction: mild steel and chromoly.’
- ‘Between first ascents of El Cap's North America Wall, Muir Wall, and others, Chouinard began selling hand-forged chrome-moly pistons from the back of his car.’
- ‘Factor in the highly compliant ride of the Reynolds 631 chromoly frame with a forgiving ride similar to many $1,400 frames and you've got one of the best values for 2002.’
- ‘The sheet metal, chromoly tubing, and various parts and pieces that were destroyed can be replaced.’
- ‘The chrome-moly roll cage is attached to all significant points in the body structure, adding significant rigidity to an already stiff car body.’
- ‘The tubular body construction is presently made of 4130 chrome-moly, an improvement over the mild steel used in the 1930s.’
- ‘The 2002 product line consists of the toughest built 4130 chromoly frame built specifically for urban riding, dirt jumping and free riding.’
- ‘Constructed of ultra-thick 2.2mm chromoly tubing, these tubular cranks are built to handle the very worst abuse riders can dish out.’
- ‘The monocoque tub is a combination of carbon fiber and aluminum honeycomb with aluminum crush structures and chrome-moly subframes.’
1980s: blend of chromium and molybdenum.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.