One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During this time he developed a simple chromatographic assay for imidazole compounds accumulating in histidine-requiring Neurospora mutants, which allowed him to deduce much of the histidine biosynthetic pathway.’
- ‘Once the structure of an organic species has been identified, the presence of the molecule in other samples can be detected by using spectroscopic patterns or chromatographic characteristics of the compound.’
- ‘In the confirmatory test, the drugs in the urine sample are isolated on a small chromatographic column, eluted with an organic solvent, and injected into the gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer.’
- ‘Modern methods for measuring molecular weight include chromatographic methods and mass spectrometry.’
- ‘Molecular fossils are recovered and studied using chromatographic techniques, mass spectrometry, and spectrophotometry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.