Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of color, independent of brightness.
- ‘If you look at an instrument's data sheet, you will see uncertainty values on the order of 0.002 in chromaticity (x, y) and 2% in luminance.’
- ‘As a result, the stability of the luminance and the chromaticity can be preserved against age deterioration.’
- ‘A previous study of pied flycatchers Ficedula hypoleuca showed that the chromaticity of the characteristic blue eggs of this species was associated with male provisioning rate to resulting nestlings.’
- ‘These include the halo effect of blue/yellow color separation, strong temperature and current dependence of chromaticity, and poor color rendering caused by the lack of green and red components.’
- ‘The specifications are commonly based on the 2 - D illuminance, luminance, intensity, chromaticity, and polarization distributions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.