One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, Campbell too performed some wonderful jazz work, illustrating some of the challenging chromaticism and irregular syncopation with which jazz music is synonymous.’
- ‘In the opening bars of ‘O liberty’, for example, the added clarinet and bassoon seem to clutter the music with extraneous chromaticism, contradicting what is suggested by the movement of the bass.’
- ‘Although Park's palette turned toward an ebullient chromaticism in subsequent years, a carving approach to paint handling remained consistent in his work until health considerations forced him to give up oils in 1959.’
- ‘A visit to North Africa inspired his interest in Islamic culture, which surfaces in the exotic chromaticism of the Hafiz and Muezzin sets.’
- ‘Instead, he found ways to push boundaries from within a tonal universe, stacking chords on top of one another, stretching chromaticism to its outer limits and swaddling his expressionist musical dramas in intoxicating swirls of color.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.