Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique by which a block of a particular color (often blue or green) in a video image can be replaced either by another color or image, enabling, for example, a weather forecaster to appear against a background of a computer-generated weather map.
- ‘Today it's more about the abilities in post that help make for better chromakeys than just the camera.’
- ‘You've seen chromakey in action, even if you might not know what it is.’
- ‘It supports heavy graphical manipulations, multi-layered graphics with chromakey transparency and optimised blit, zoom, rotate and scale functions.’
- ‘Arm yourself with Eejit's ‘Film Lingo’ and you'll soon know your cookie from your cutaway, your capture card from your chromakey, so you can easily cut to your closeup.’
- ‘During the shoot, they used a realtime chromakey switcher to help perfect the positioning, but performed all actual chromakeys in Adobe After Effects.’
- ‘Indeed, the old standby of chromakey, aka Colour Separation Overlay, could well be a contributing factor in this development.’
- ‘If you have been shooting chromakeys and have yet to see the final process and how it is accomplished, I strongly suggest you try it before you shoot your next key.’
- ‘During rehearsals for the main ITV1 programmes, the channel decamps to a small single-camera chromakey studio, which wasn't too bad with the old look as you almost couldn't tell to look at it visually.’
- ‘So chromakey can be a fabulous illusion but if it's not actually working properly it can be a confusing illusion - which brings us to confusion.’
- ‘Moving titles, particle effects and chromakey are added to spice things up.’
- ‘If you work with chromakeys on a regular basis, it would behoove you to take a look at ULTRA 2.’
- ‘It even does a great job of creating chromakeys, where the subject is shot against a blue or green screen and then that color is replaced by other stills or video.’
- ‘And while playing the piano is a might fine talent, we don't need to watch you doing it in front of a chromakey screen.’
- ‘A solid color background - chromakey blue or green, for instance - is placed behind the subject to be shot and inserted through an effects generator.’
- ‘The Special Effects Studio is optimized for creating chromakeys and other special effects, and is equipped with a dedicated lighting grid and live-on-tape recording equipment.’
Manipulate (an image) using chromakey.
- ‘Participants stand in front of a blue screen and have their video image chromakeyed into the virtual court action.’
- ‘If at all possible, shoot on Betacam or Digibeta, if only for the shots that involve chromakeying.’
- ‘This second way is edited by fading in the chromakeyed video track at the appropriate time.’
- ‘The image from the first camera would be fed into digital mixer A and chromakeyed to create a silhouette.’
- ‘It was drawn against a black backdrop in the Swap buffer and picked up as a custom brush, chromakeyed to black background for transparency around it, and rendered in additive mode.’
- ‘If the polarity of the area signal is reversed, the region which can be chromakeyed is reversed as a matter of course.’
- ‘That's not to say that the chromakeyed results will look as great as a well done shot at sunset.’
- ‘We simply printed out some blue squares, hung them from some metal clips and wire dangled off a tree in my back yard, set them on fire and then chromakeyed out the blue.’
- ‘The signal would go through to be chromakeyed to the blue-and-yellow colour scheme, and then go out for transmission.’
- ‘The song takes them from the typical running around trees to a supermarket and finally to a dance floor, with a lot of very badly chromakeyed flying thrown in.’
- ‘The edge colour of a chromakeyed composition can be altered to that of a complementary or selected colour, and mattes can be created by pulling a key from any colour background.’
- ‘Clearly they will be chromakeyed out of the scene and replaced with some part of Godzilla in the movie.’
- ‘Increasingly, chromakeying has become indispensable in graphic design and still photography.’
- ‘The anchor sergeant is shot against a blue screen, and chromakeyed in post over the virtual set, which we created in Strata 3DPro.’
- ‘For those keyers still wet behind the ears, here is an excellent tutorial on chromakeying in After Effects.’
- ‘Also, chromakeying is performed recursively, so that the background will still be visible regardless of the number of chromakeyed images superimposed on it.’
- ‘We typically design and create a virtual set at KLVX for each event, employing a chromakeyed background of an actual photo from the featured theme.’
- ‘But for those whose editing programs won't handle the pre-keyed footage, we've chromakeyed it so you can key it yourself.’
- ‘The interesting design decision with this game is their use of live actors chromakeyed into the scene for many of the cinematics.’
- ‘This quickly led us to an interest in chromakeying techniques for creating virtual settings.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.