One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was impossible that Mme Lebrun should fail - as some eminent christeners have failed - to throw the champagne bottle soon enough.’
- ‘What better way to celebrate Mother's Day and the launch of our pair of new ships than to have this pair of iconic television mothers and daughters as christeners,’ said the president of Princess Cruises.’
- ‘Without the slightest knowledge, doubtless, of the meaning of the word and its peculiar fitness to the locality which it was made to designate, on the part of its legislative christeners, it was nevertheless peculiarly appropriate.’
- ‘Launching ceremonies, including celebrity christeners, remained of personal interest to the public throughout the war.’
- ‘Visitors are guided through the Paris of yesterday and today on board one of three superb glassed-over trimarans bearing the names of their famous christeners; Jeanne Moreau, Catherine Deneuve and Isabelle Adjani.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.