Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A French dish consisting of sauerkraut flavored with juniper and served with assorted meats.
- ‘One of the world's great regional dishes, choucroute garni is quintessentially Alsatian.’
- ‘Most cooks know that choucroute garni is an Alsatian dish consisting of braised, tart cabbage (like our sauerkraut) garnished with meats including sliced pork and sausage.’
- ‘And the delicious choucroute garni is a feast of pork, goose confit, and foie gras atop a bed of excellent sauerkraut.’
- ‘The onion tart here is one of the best you will find anywhere and the choucroute garni is excellent.’
- ‘Accompany this choucroute garni with mustard and horseradish sauce.’
French, literally garnished sauerkraut.
choucroute garni/SHo͞oˌkro͞ot ɡärˈnē/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.