One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A French dish consisting of sauerkraut flavored with juniper and served with assorted meats.
- ‘The onion tart here is one of the best you will find anywhere and the choucroute garni is excellent.’
- ‘Most cooks know that choucroute garni is an Alsatian dish consisting of braised, tart cabbage (like our sauerkraut) garnished with meats including sliced pork and sausage.’
- ‘And the delicious choucroute garni is a feast of pork, goose confit, and foie gras atop a bed of excellent sauerkraut.’
- ‘One of the world's great regional dishes, choucroute garni is quintessentially Alsatian.’
- ‘Accompany this choucroute garni with mustard and horseradish sauce.’
French, literally ‘garnished sauerkraut’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.