One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A French dish consisting of sauerkraut flavored with juniper and served with assorted meats.
- ‘Accompany this choucroute garni with mustard and horseradish sauce.’
- ‘The onion tart here is one of the best you will find anywhere and the choucroute garni is excellent.’
- ‘And the delicious choucroute garni is a feast of pork, goose confit, and foie gras atop a bed of excellent sauerkraut.’
- ‘Most cooks know that choucroute garni is an Alsatian dish consisting of braised, tart cabbage (like our sauerkraut) garnished with meats including sliced pork and sausage.’
- ‘One of the world's great regional dishes, choucroute garni is quintessentially Alsatian.’
French, literally ‘garnished sauerkraut’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.