Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A network of blood vessels in each ventricle of the brain. It is derived from the pia mater and produces the cerebrospinal fluid.
- ‘Two processes of the tela choroidea constitute the choroid plexuses of the 4th ventricle, and these can be seen near the midline through the transparent tela choroidea.’
- ‘The internal carotid artery supplies blood to the middle ear, brain, hypophysis, orbit, and choroid plexus of the lateral ventricle.’
- ‘Protruding into this horn of the lateral ventricle, through the choroid fissure, is the choroid plexus of the temporal horn, lying just lateral to the fimbria of the hippocampus.’
- ‘The ventricles each contain a choroid plexus that secretes cerebrospinal fluid.’
- ‘Intraventricular meningiomas are rare but typically occur around the choroid plexus in the trigone of the lateral ventricles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.