One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although the basic position of geography as a chorographic science has been questioned, the challenge does not appear to have produced dissension.’
- ‘Just such a window opens in Sense and Sensibility, when, taking her leave of Norland, Marianne recites a chorographic prose poem in honor of the place.’
- ‘Harley's evidence also suggests that sales of county maps were high when first published but they quickly dropped off thereafter and did not provide the sort of long-term income generated by smaller-scale chorographic maps.’
- ‘The instruments were stored in wooden cabinets whose doors were decorated with chorographic maps of the world.’
- ‘The latter vision predominated, often associated with religious symbolism and civic pride, while more accurate chorographic representations were mostly produced by outsiders or for military purposes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.