One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The latter vision predominated, often associated with religious symbolism and civic pride, while more accurate chorographic representations were mostly produced by outsiders or for military purposes.’
- ‘Just such a window opens in Sense and Sensibility, when, taking her leave of Norland, Marianne recites a chorographic prose poem in honor of the place.’
- ‘The instruments were stored in wooden cabinets whose doors were decorated with chorographic maps of the world.’
- ‘Although the basic position of geography as a chorographic science has been questioned, the challenge does not appear to have produced dissension.’
- ‘Harley's evidence also suggests that sales of county maps were high when first published but they quickly dropped off thereafter and did not provide the sort of long-term income generated by smaller-scale chorographic maps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.