One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spicy Spanish pork sausage.
- ‘Better even than salami, chorizo or bratwurst is the hearty Toulouse sausage, or its cousin, the spicy Cumberland sausage.’
- ‘To the chorizo and vegetables in the pot, add the broth, reserved uncooked corn kernels, reserved corn purée, potatoes and salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.’
- ‘Remove the chorizo's outer skin and cut the chorizo in slices.’
- ‘I always enjoy tossing some dry sausage onto the plate as well, like Italian soppressata, Spanish chorizo or French saucisson-sec.’
- ‘The chorizo was excellent, not as spicy as some I've had before, but very tasty nonetheless.’
- ‘In the meantime, thickly slice the chorizo on the diagonal.’
- ‘Add the chorizo, red and yellow peppers, and onion and sauté until the peppers are softened.’
- ‘We also make salamis, chorizos and cotechinos, whose combined lifespan will be between three and six months.’
- ‘Heat a large saucepan and then gently sauté the chorizo until a spicy red oil starts to seep out and the sausage slices begin to crisp.’
- ‘Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the chorizo briefly until crisped.’
- ‘The food is an exotic mix of tapas and dim sum, so you eat chorizo and calamari one minute, spring rolls and satay the next.’
- ‘I made this particular pasta salad with multicolored quinoa fusilli from the organic store, and combined them with my homemade tomatoes confits and the rest of the chorizo we had bought in Madrid.’
- ‘When hot, add the chorizo and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring, then add the prawns.’
- ‘You can do a lot of the preparation in advance - make and freeze the bacalao fritters and ham croquettes, for example, and marinate the chorizo and lightly roast the baby peppers.’
- ‘They make pork pies and hamburgers, cure and smoke their own bacon and produce a huge range of their own punchy sausages, among them chorizo and merguez, Toulouse and herb, roasted apple and black puddings.’
- ‘They were fabulous, but especially the chorizo and egg tacos.’
- ‘Add the garlic, peppers, chorizo, and chicken stock and simmer for five minutes.’
- ‘A good selection of chorizo - spicy cured pork sausage - is now available here, although some are spicier than others.’
- ‘I had an excellent spicy hamburger made with chorizo.’
- ‘Heat the oil in a small iron skillet or frying pan, add the drained chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.