Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A test made in early pregnancy to detect congenital abnormalities in the fetus. A tiny tissue sample is taken from the villi of the chorion, which forms the fetal part of the placenta.
- ‘These options include amniocentesis, early amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and ultrasound examination.’
- ‘Some birth defects can be diagnosed before birth, using one or more prenatal tests including ultrasound, amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.’
- ‘Another prenatal test, called chorionic villus sampling, can diagnose most, but not all, of the same birth defects as amniocentesis.’
- ‘Prenatal tests called amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling can diagnose Tay-Sachs before birth.’
- ‘Women at higher risk of carrying a baby with such conditions may opt for testing procedures like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.