One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting fused chorionic and allantoic membranes around a fetus.
- ‘Four, 10 to 15 day old embryonated chicken eggs were each inoculated via dropped chorioallantoic membranes with 0.1 mL of sample and incubated at 37 deg C as described by Senne.’
- ‘Whenever possible, isolation via the propagation of virus on chorioallantoic membranes of chicken embryos should be used as the definitive diagnosis of choice.’
- ‘High calbindin-D28K expression was detected in samples of corn snake yolk splanchnopleure and chorioallantoic membrane during late embryonic stages when calcium removal from the yolk and the eggshell also was highest.’
- ‘Small molecular size HA fragments 4-25 disaccharides units (approximately 1,600 to 10,000 Da) produced by the action of testicular hyaluronidase have been shown to induce angiogenesis in chick chorioallantoic membrane.’
- ‘These differ from the chorioallantoic placentae of placentals, however, in that they have no villi, which effectively reduces the intimacy of contact between fetus and mother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.