Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting fused chorionic and allantoic membranes around a fetus.
- ‘Whenever possible, isolation via the propagation of virus on chorioallantoic membranes of chicken embryos should be used as the definitive diagnosis of choice.’
- ‘Four, 10 to 15 day old embryonated chicken eggs were each inoculated via dropped chorioallantoic membranes with 0.1 mL of sample and incubated at 37 deg C as described by Senne.’
- ‘Small molecular size HA fragments 4-25 disaccharides units (approximately 1,600 to 10,000 Da) produced by the action of testicular hyaluronidase have been shown to induce angiogenesis in chick chorioallantoic membrane.’
- ‘High calbindin-D28K expression was detected in samples of corn snake yolk splanchnopleure and chorioallantoic membrane during late embryonic stages when calcium removal from the yolk and the eggshell also was highest.’
- ‘These differ from the chorioallantoic placentae of placentals, however, in that they have no villi, which effectively reduces the intimacy of contact between fetus and mother.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.