One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stringed instrument.
- ‘The third group - percussive string instruments chordophones are represented by the hammer dulcimer.’
- ‘Many European countries adapted this simplest chordophone, adding strings, frets, lengthening or shortening the strings, and changing the body's shape.’
- ‘Composite chordophones have necks or yokes and their strings can by tuned to different notes during play.’
- ‘The piano, dulcimer and the clavichord are examples of chordophones that are struck.’
- ‘There are many varieties of chordophones, ranging from one-stringed fiddle to 8 or more strings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.