Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The recitation of poetry or prose by a chorus or ensemble.
- ‘In the group entries (play, mime and choral speaking) Shane was representing the Finnegan School of Speech and Drama.’
- ‘They do Ncontera, which is choral speaking, to get messages of safe sex, HIV and Aids across.’
- ‘The two actors had great chemistry together, and the choral speaking gave tremendous enthusiasm to the text.’
- ‘Another powerful dramatic form that can be used effectively in the church is choral reading or choral speaking.’
- ‘What does remain is the use of techniques such as choral speaking and ‘controlled randomness.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.