One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Otherwise, Charter's shares, which at $18.50 Thursday are slightly below their IPO price, may see further choppiness.’
- ‘When South Korea and then Japan's hinted their treasuries might diversify reserves and hold a lesser share in dollars, the Dow experienced what pilots call, as you grab the arm rests and hold on for dear life, ‘a little choppiness.’’
- ‘The choppiness and urgency of the footage gives you the sense you can almost feel the reporter's pulse and breath.’
- ‘Despite impeccable production values and some impressive supporting performances, the film suffers from choppiness and a sense that too much is being crammed into the two-hour twenty-minute running time.’
- ‘Ernie then carefully razored and blunt sculpted strategically placed choppiness throughout the ends to give the hairstyle movement and texture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.