One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But where I think the flaw in reasoning lies is that it puts the focus on the ethical choice rather the ethical chooser.’
- ‘Stanley grounds the principle of privacy on respect for persons as active agents or choosers.’
- ‘As refugees, we are resigned to being subject to charity; we cannot be choosers.’
- ‘Beggars can't be choosers, but ironically this is the situation in which the second-richest club, in what is now the most lucrative league in the world, find themselves.’
- ‘Sometimes, these pickers and choosers even mix in their favorite features of other faiths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.