One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The linear trend defined by the Intermediate Unit has a Zr / Hf ratio of 38, which is within chondritic values and it is similar to mid-ocean ridge basalt and continental material.’
- ‘Planetary geologists, however, know little about the lower mantle of the Moon, so no one knows whether it is chondritic.’
- ‘Achondrites, on the other hand, come from chondritic parent bodies that have been heated to the melting point, destroying their chondrules and separating heavy and light minerals into a core and mantle.’
- ‘For Toutatis, Ostro hopes to find a higher density, because if the density he finds is high enough, it would be possible to exclude chondritic compositions and say for sure that Toutatis is a stony-iron object.’
- ‘The answer comes from a fourth line of evidence on the deep-Earth composition: cosmic abundances of the elements deduced from analyses of chondritic meteorites and the solar photosphere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.