Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
X-ray examination of the gallbladder, especially used to detect the presence of gallstones.
- ‘In special circumstances, the older method of oral cholecystography is used where one swallows 6 tablets of x-ray contrast material the night before an upper abdominal x-ray.’
- ‘Oral cholecystography is used when patients are obese and have a large amount of overlying bowel gas which makes ultrasonography more difficult.’
- ‘This is apparently the cause of non-visualization of the gallbladder by cholecystography following injury.’
- ‘Ultrasonography has replaced cholecystography as the diagnostic test for gall stones.’
- ‘Due to the development of improved technology, cholecystography is no longer performed routinely.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.