Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the gallbladder.
- ‘The differential diagnosis of acute pyelonephritis includes pelvic inflammatory disease, cholecystitis, appendicitis, lower lobe pneumonia, perforated viscus, and the prodrome of herpes zoster.’
- ‘It is used to treat fevers, coughs, prolonged fevers, colds influenza, asthma, hepatitis, malaria, jaundice, cholecystitis, amenorrhea, low energy with digestive weakness.’
- ‘In this scenario, early cholecystectomy would avoid significant complications such as biliary colic, cholangitis, cholecystitis, and pancreatitis from the residual stones.’
- ‘Delayed diagnosis of acute cholecystitis can lead to gangrenous cholecystitis, gallbladder perforation, and biliary peritonitis.’
- ‘Other general causes of abdominal pain, such as appendicitis, cholecystitis, diverticulitis, colitis, constipation, hernias or even arterial aneurysms, may elicit similar discomfort.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.