Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[usually as modifier] A small piece of chocolate used in making cookies and other sweet foods.‘chocolate-chip ice cream’
- ‘The desserts were similarly cloying, except for a plate of crumbly, warm chocolate-chip cookies, served with a bowl of coconut milk.’
- ‘Dessert is frozen juice and ice cream bars with chocolate chip cookies.’
- ‘In a backstage interview after the Oscars, Mr. Brody proclaimed that he is also in favor of kitties, puppies, and chocolate-chip ice cream.’
- ‘I imagine her confessing that she ends each day with a pint of chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream, but that's obviously not the case.’
- ‘I've been known to have dreams involving roasted-onion tarts, platefuls of oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies, and butter-rich cakes stacked like gold bullion.’
- ‘She decided to try the strawberry sorbet, and I chose the double chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.’
- ‘Save some room for dessert: homemade warm, frosted cinnamon buns and chocolate-chip cookies.’
- ‘Stick a few chocolate bits in it and it becomes a chocolate chip cookie, but it's still a biscuit, in the same way that Ciabatta is still bread.’
- ‘You have just rolled out a huge sheet of chocolate chip cookie dough.’
- ‘She walked out of her room and headed to the kitchen, where she grabbed a spoon and a carton of chocolate chip ice cream.’
- ‘Sixteen very generous people replied to my post requesting the best recipe for a chocolate chip cookie.’
- ‘She grabbed a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream and had just sat down to watch a movie when her doorbell rang.’
- ‘The reaction from Hope's publicist was always exactly the same: ‘Bob had a good laugh about it and then enjoyed his favorite dessert, chocolate-chip ice cream.’’
- ‘Grimes reveals the reason why I was so enamored of the mint chocolate chip ice cream under those orange roofs.’
- ‘If you and Leo come back inside around three, you can have your choice of strawberry or mint chocolate chip ice cream.’
- ‘There's just something sexy to me about the idea of a hot chocolate chip muffin coming out of the oven late at night.’
- ‘The richness evident here is of the Sacher torte and not chocolate chip muffin variety.’
- ‘A moment afterward, I heard Kevin come back with a mug of coffee and some chocolate chip biscuits.’
- ‘Ice creams with inclusions such as mint chocolate chip and chocolate-chip cookie dough have become mainstream favorites across all age groups.’
- ‘The aromas of chocolate-chip cookies, pound cake and lemon chess pie complete the feel-good picture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.