One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A broad-spectrum organophosphate insecticide, widely used in food crop agriculture and against termites.
- ‘It urges that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ban use of pesticides known to be hazardous and pervasive and immediately phase out all uses of chlorpyrifos and lindane.’
- ‘The four most commonly found pesticide residues were lindane, DDT, malathion and chlorpyrifos, all of which could cause serious damage to the liver, kidney and the nervous system.’
- ‘Insecticides used for seed treatments in crops include diazinon, lindane, imidacloprid, permethrin, chlorpyrifos, and tefluthrin.’
- ‘It measured the impact on fetal growth of two insecticides - chlorpyrifos and diazinon - whose use in households was banned by the federal government beginning in 2000.’
- ‘These were followed by sharp restrictions on use of the organophosphate chlorpyrifos - the most commonly used pesticide in homes, buildings and schools - in June of 2000.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.