One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A broad-spectrum organophosphate insecticide, widely used in food crop agriculture and against termites.
- ‘The four most commonly found pesticide residues were lindane, DDT, malathion and chlorpyrifos, all of which could cause serious damage to the liver, kidney and the nervous system.’
- ‘These were followed by sharp restrictions on use of the organophosphate chlorpyrifos - the most commonly used pesticide in homes, buildings and schools - in June of 2000.’
- ‘It measured the impact on fetal growth of two insecticides - chlorpyrifos and diazinon - whose use in households was banned by the federal government beginning in 2000.’
- ‘It urges that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ban use of pesticides known to be hazardous and pervasive and immediately phase out all uses of chlorpyrifos and lindane.’
- ‘Insecticides used for seed treatments in crops include diazinon, lindane, imidacloprid, permethrin, chlorpyrifos, and tefluthrin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.