A weak acid with oxidizing properties, formed when chlorine dioxide dissolves in water.
- ‘This then passes through the catalyst which assists the conversion of chlorous acid to chlorine dioxide.’
- ‘An activated chlorous acid product statistically matched the performance of chlorhexidine gluconate in reducing populations of resident flora on treated skin sites.’
- ‘It is anticipated that the chlorous acid would be shipped to the plant site by, e.g., tank truck or railway tank car.’
- ‘In addition, these pumps automatically proportion the chlorous acid dose over a range of 0.25 to 30-gpm.’
- ‘Additionally, the combination of chlorous acid and heat treatment was evaluated.’