Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A weak acid with oxidizing properties, formed when chlorine dioxide dissolves in water.
- ‘This then passes through the catalyst which assists the conversion of chlorous acid to chlorine dioxide.’
- ‘An activated chlorous acid product statistically matched the performance of chlorhexidine gluconate in reducing populations of resident flora on treated skin sites.’
- ‘It is anticipated that the chlorous acid would be shipped to the plant site by, e.g., tank truck or railway tank car.’
- ‘In addition, these pumps automatically proportion the chlorous acid dose over a range of 0.25 to 30-gpm.’
- ‘Additionally, the combination of chlorous acid and heat treatment was evaluated.’
chlorous acid/ˌklôrəs ˈasid/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.