One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In A. thaliana, the iron signal showed a progressive increase from healthy non-infected leaves to green areas of infected leaves and to chlorotic areas of infected leaves.’
- ‘However, the combination of glucose and ABA caused an inhibition of early wild-type seedling growth that resulted in underdeveloped plantlets that were chlorotic and anthocyanic.’
- ‘The team was first formed in the 1960s in response to a dual epidemic of maize chlorotic dwarf virus and a potyvirus, maize dwarf mosaic virus, that devastated Ohio's cornfields.’
- ‘Chlorosis was only due to Fe deficiency, since the application of Fe salts or Fe chelates to the chlorotic leaves produced complete leaf regreening.’
- ‘If the foliage turns chlorotic (indicated by yellow leaves with green veins), spray it with a foliar food containing chelated iron and the minor nutrients listed above.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.