One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic drug used to treat fluid retention and high blood pressure. It is one of the thiazide diuretics.
- ‘Thiazide and thiazide-like agents (chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide, metolazone) act on the distal convoluted tubule.’
- ‘Thiazide diuretics, such as chlorothiazide and hydrochlorothiazide, may be excreted unchanged in the urine.’
- ‘Following the addition of chlorothiazide 500 mg/d to her therapy, her previously stable serum lithium level increased from 1.2 to 2.5 mEq/l at a lithium carbonate maintenance dose of 1800 mg/d.’
- ‘Adding metolazone or chlorothiazide 500 mg IV to furosemide may generate additional diuresis.’
- ‘Drugs such as alkylating agents, antimetabolites, anticonvulsants, chlorothiazide diuretics and estrogens can inhibit platelet production by suppressing megakaryocyte production. (2,3)’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.