Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lower plant of the division "Chlorophyta", which comprises the green algae.
- ‘For example, diatoms generally have a lower phosphorus requirement than chlorophytes.’
- ‘For example, replacement of diatoms with chlorophytes will alter cycling of silica because diatoms require silica and chlorophytes do not.’
- ‘The plastids of rhodophytes, chlorophytes, and glaucophytes are surrounded by two membranes and probably directly derived from a cyanobacterial ancestor and are thus called primary plastids.’
- ‘The upstream and freshwater sections of these rivers are dominated by an assemblage of chlorophytes, diatoms, and cyanoprokaryotes (cyanobacteria).’
- ‘In general, diatoms and chlorophytes had much higher biovolume than cyanobacteria and chrysophytes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.