Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cytotoxic drug used in the treatment of cancer. It belongs to the class of nitrogen mustards.
- ‘Combinations of chlorambucil, Prednisone or cyclophosphamide and a new drug Fludarabine are used in treatment.’
- ‘Prednisone, methotrexate, and cyclophosphamide or chlorambucil are drugs which can be used to help stop the scar formation in the lungs.’
- ‘This review focuses on the most commonly used and accepted chemotherapy agents in the treatment of these diseases: cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil, and methotrexate.’
- ‘Methotrexate and chlorambucil have been used as steroid-sparing agents, but have toxicities of their own.’
- ‘The patient's treatment included chlorambucil and radiolabeled rituximab.’
1950s: from chlor(oethyl)am(inophenyl)bu(tyric acid), the systematic name, + -cil.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.