One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Jianyi chivalrously changes places with Rashid.’
- ‘The newspaper reported that the 23-year-old heartthrob popped the question after chivalrously asking for permission from Diaz's parents.’
- ‘Each girl's escort is responsible for her, at least for an evening, a convention that forces college boys to see themselves as protectors and to act chivalrously.’
- ‘‘It is my greatest honor to make your acquaintance,’ Lucien said pleasantly, taking her cold hand in his own and bending chivalrously to bestow a light kiss upon it - exactly as she had imagined.’
- ‘‘Ladies first,’ Mulder stood, grinning chivalrously, letting her through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.