One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such concepts were derived partly from the feudal and chivalric traditions in which land was held from the Crown in exchange for the performance of military duties.’
- ‘It examines chivalric ritual and tournament, much of which took place at Greenwich.’
- ‘All the new knights were appointed for their chivalric reputations.’
- ‘As a young man, in particular, he was conspicuous for his enthusiasm for tournaments and other chivalric pursuits, and his devotion to the crusading cause is especially notable.’
- ‘But clerical disapproval did not undermine the appeal of chivalric culture, with its glorification of courage, loyalty, and military ability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.